Perfect times for bikini and tan lines, summers are the ideal time for a tropical vacation.
While humidity can give you the best getaway and Instagram-worthy photos, it can also damage your carpets. Yes, excess moisture isn't good for your carpets.
If you live in places surrounded by the most beautiful beaches then humidity is bound to exist and this might ruin your carpets.
When surroundings are humid, the trapped moisture can't escape the carpets.
That is why, carpet cleaning in Camden or other similar places requires extra care.
The moisture can only evaporate if the air around is dryer than the carpets. If not, your carpet and rugs are the unhealthiest items in your room.
How does humidity affect carpets?
1. Invites Pollutants
- Excessive trapped moisture in your carpet often invites pollutants to settle on it.
- Removing dirt, grime, and dust from such carpets is an impossible task because these agents successfully manage to seep deep into the carpet fibers and refuse to let go of their love story with your beloved carpet even if you employ DIY carpet cleaning.
2. Growth of Mold & Mildew
- The growth of mold & mildew is another potential danger to your carpets.
- Over time, they begin to expand their empire begin to deteriorate the quality of the air you breathe.
- Eventually, your carpets also start to smell unpleasant. Very unpleasant!
A report published by EFA confirms that air inside is more polluted than the outside.
This is linked to severe health issues for you and your loved ones.
Inhaling polluted can cause acute breathing problems and allergies. It's worse if someone in your family is already suffering from asthma and bronchitis.
A home deserves quality air to live and breath. It begins with one smart step- Professional carpet cleaning.
Well, there’s another way you can save your carpets that it by maintaining your room temperature to an optimum level.
Read below to discover the ultimate money saving hack.
As we inch closer to the equator (well, yes metaphorically!) our favorite thing to do ( if not vacationing ) is to plant ourselves on the couch and sip the chilled beer straight out from the refrigerator.
Heat can be pretty crushing and all those exorbitant figures on from the non-stop running of your AC unit, even more so.
So can I achieve cooling without burning a hole in my pocket?
The answer is positive. We aren't kidding!
Your air-conditioner or the nearest fan isn’t the only measure to beat the heat.
You can try these 7 old-school tricks to give you the desired cooling without racking up your electricity bill.
DIY can be a rewarding experience. So keep calm and...
1. Keep your blinds closed
- Keeping your blinds shut is a reasonably simple tip but allow us to support it by inserting the apt logic to convince you better.
- Experts report that nearly 30 percent of undesired heat penetrates from your windows, and using screens, curtains, and shades can help save up to 7 percent on your bills and lower indoor temperatures by up to 20 degrees.
- In other words, closing the blinds saves your homes from turning into a mini greenhouse, which is particularly the case with south- and west-facing windows.
- Invest in blackout curtains.
- Simple cooling tricks shouldn’t be boring. Give your home an aesthetic feel by selecting funky and floral pattern preferably light colored.
- Keeping your blinds closed will ensure the sunlight doesn’t fall on your carpets directly and dulls it.
- Carpet cleaning in Bellmawr for instance, can be tough as the city heats up real quick during the summers. So keep this point in mind if you live in similar areas.
2. Hack a large fan instead of turning on the AC
- This hack is pure genius! Try this for Antarctic chills during summers with these easy procedures.
- Fill a bowl with ice cubes or an ice pack, and place it at an angle in front of a fan, so the air as it flows blows the ice in an extra-chilled state.
3. Focus on the temperature of your body, equally
- An AC is a prevalent machine today; there existed a time when families lived without it. If they can, so can you.
- Choose to sip on lemonade, ice tea over any form of hot beverages.
- Get smart with your clothing. Ditch wearing dark colored clothes during summers (black, red, etc.) as they are an excellent absorber of heat and doesn’t allow air to pass through. Go light!
4. Sleep low
- Temperature rises as the day progresses. If space permits place your mattress down on the floor as it is cooler there as compared to your bed.
5. Let the night air in
- While permitting sunlight through windows during the summertime can turn your home into an oven but at night is a pleasant deal.
- Temperature drops down during night time allowing the faux sea breeze to pass through. You can keep the windows open before or during your bedtime but make sure to close them at dawn.
6. Say goodbye to the incandescent lights
- If you were lazy all this while to switch to CFLs or more energy-efficient lamps or bulbs, then this is the motivation you need.
- Incandescent bulbs drain about 90 percent of their energy in the heat they emit, so bidding them adieu will make a significant difference in cooling your home while lowering your electric bill.
- Also, if you have incandescent lights, you should know that they emit heat and carpet absorbs heat longer than normal flooring making it hotter.
- Carpet cleaning is a lot easier when you have the perfect surrounding conditions. For instance, carpet cleaning in Collingswood is easy as most homes here have done away with incandescent lights and turned to green energy options like LED lights.
7. Long-term improvement moves
- If you are really keen on sticking to the whole non-AC thing for long, you can certainly make a few long-term improvements to make your home cooler in the seasons to come.
- Installing insulated window films function similar to the blinds just a little more useful.
- Similarly, you can plant trees, climbers or vines near the window sills (the light facing ones). Not only this will reduce the amount of heat your home absorbs but will also make your investment worthwhile.
Dri-Master for all your carpet cleaning needs
We are not planting the idea to not your switch on your AC at all.
We are just persuading that you can minimize the use of your AC by using these cool hacks and save a bit here and there on your bills and also contributing to the environment.
Meanwhile, you can connect with Dri-Masters whenever you need professional carpet cleaning in Collingswood and Bellmawr . Our pros will fix it in a jiffy.
You can also connect with us on our social media platforms.