The focal point of this article is on showing you how to remove the dangerous debris and lint build up in you dryers and the dryer vent system. The excess lint build-up happens slowly and gradually. You don't even realize it. You think that by clear out the lint filter after each and every use, you are doing your job of maintenance. Not quietly!
A full load of clothing contains about half a gallon of water. Lint and debris are created from the clothing as water is drained during the drying procedure. This lint and debris will build up deep down inside the lint filter snare, all along with the vent hose. And in the end, your dryer is the number 1 source of fire at your place (especially HOME).
In 1999, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) augmented a report called the “Report on Electric & Gas Clothes Dryers.” In the report, they stated that out of the 15,000 fires studied in a year, it was found that the electric dryers were 2.5 times more likely to cause a fire than the gas dryers. Fires mainly originated from two places: Dryer vents and the lint trap
The dryer warns you through the signs. Did you ever notice any of them? If NO, I'll help you with those warning signs, for next time you, to see them and get secured!
These mainly include following symptoms;
- The duration taken to dry the clothing is longer than normal.
- The clothing is not entirely dried.
- At the end of drying cycle, you find your clothes to be hot.
- The outer exhaust vent flap does not open indicating less exhaust velocity.
- You notice the laundry room to be a little more humid than normal.
- The burnt smell is evident in the laundry room.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning:
- Less risk of fire: The lint is one of the leading causes of house fires; it combines up to 28 percent of all the residential fires by the National Fire Incident Reporting System. From 2007-2011, dryer fires contributed about 15,200 fires, 30 deaths, 460 injuries and $ 216 million of property damages/ National Fire Protection Association.
- Smaller electric bills: Longer time to dry your clothes is because of the lint build-up in your dryer vent. It means you will have to run your dryer for a longer time, ultimately leading to more energy usage. By cleaning your dryer, this can be reduced, helping you to reduce the energy use too.
- Longer life of your clothes: Due to blockage of the lint in your dryer, overheating of your dryer takes place. Additionally, you will have to run your clothing through your dryer longer, leading your clothing fibers to wear out faster.
- Extended dryer life: A dryer vent accumulated with lint and debris, causes your dryer to work harder, which means that it will wear out faster, needing costly maintenance. Also, the fragments and debris build up overheat your dryer, damaging sensitive sensors. A well- maintained dryer vents enable your dryer to work efficiently and proficiently, extending its life further.
So, I hope this is a useful article for you. If you need any further help, contact on 800-897-4032