Implementation of Dryer vent cleaning in Pennsylvania
The basic methodology for cleaning the dryer vent:
- Dryer vent fires are one of the possible reasons for residential fires today; many homes are affected each year. If you know how to clean the dryer vent, you can probably avoid the risk and reduce it to the potential level. The following is a small list to help you in the cleaning process.
- Unplug your dryer from its source of power and if it is a gas dryer then turn off the valve.
- Try to shift your dryer away from the wall and place it as far as possible, without disturbing the dryer vent connection.
- Evacuate the dryer vent clamp connecting the vent to the backside of your dryer. Move the dryer vent smoothly out of its joint.
- Prefer to use 4" vent cleaning brush to get rid of the lint that is build-up from end to end (inclusive of the hole at the backside of the dryer). Most of the lint is accumulated at the end of the dryer vent, for this, you need to slide the vent out of its joint. Sometimes you may also, come across a hindrance in the middle for this you need to use a plumbing snake to clear away the clothing debris. Once you have completed with this, you can again use a cleaning brush to continue you’re working.
- Re-join the vent, and place the dryer back to its position.
- The dryer vent cover can be found outside your house.
- Remove the lid of your dryer vent, and slide the duct.
- Vent brush or vacuuming can be implemented to discharge the debris from inside the opening and the duct area.
- The vent duct and the cover should be looked for the replacement.
- Now, reconnect your dryer to the power source, and run it for few minutes to look that there is no interference with the free flow of air.
The benefits of a clean dryer vent can be summarized as follows:
- Time: The duration required to dry the clothes is reduced to half because the cycle takes place smoothly and there is no accumulated moisture
- Health: Dryer vent can also, cause health problems. These can occur due to the moisture in clothes and the lint build up in the dryer
- Money: Longer run can lead to wastage of electricity and also, damage to our clothes. A duct that is blocked can heat the air up to 89% higher than the standard operating temperature.
- Safety: Failure to clean and maintain the dryer vent is the prime reason for house fires. The debris or the lint is extremely combustible and can get ignited during the dryer cycle
Any further help and assistance are always welcomed by the Dri-Masters, so we are just a call 800-897-4032