Even though carpets are the most popular flooring choice in Lancaster they can act as a dirt magnet. Carpets that are not cleaned and properly maintained can cause many health problems inside the home environment. To ensure a healthy living and disease free life for your near and dear ones, keeping carpets clean should be your baseline.
Like the clothes that we wear require regular cleaning and maintenance so does carpets and furniture. We need to carry out regular cleaning to maintain the hygiene and freshness. Dirt, dust, outdoor elements, and stains from daily use reduced carpet and fabric life. Cleaning expenses are minimal when compared to replacement costs of carpets, so regular cleaning makes sense economically.
How Dri-Masters can help you with Carpet Cleaning in Lancaster, PA?
The first thing to be checked in carpet cleaning is the local temperature and climatic conditions because carpets need particular attention in specific weather conditions. The weather in Lancaster typically varies as per seasons, the summers are warm, humid, and wet but the winters are chilly. It is partly cloudy year round. This directly impacts your carpet especially in summers where the moisture can percolate in the layers of the carpet and spoil it from within.
The presence of moisture makes cleaning and maintenance of carpets a bit difficult because rinsing alone does not help it but one has to even take care of drying and then accurately placing it.
It’s confusing when it comes to deciding, whether a professional should be hired or one should opt for do it yourself methods. If only, the present cost is considered most of us will go for DIY without even considering the long term effects of it.
Before going to rent a carpet cleaning machine, ask yourself: Are you well aware of the process for deep cleaning? Is it worth the time and struggle? In most cases, we are not always aware of the best way to clean your carpets as professional do. DIY methods might not give you the best results if stains are old or if there is dirt in the layers of the carpet.
Advantages of Professional Carpet Cleaning, Which you may not be Aware of
- A deep cleaning - DIY carpet cleaning machine won’t be as powerful as the professional machinery. Powerful professional equipment can remove the dirt, bacteria, and allergens that are deeply embedded in your carpet fibers. You will get a thoroughly cleaned carpet after professional cleaners have done their job which is difficult to achieve with DIY methods.
- Elimination of unhealthy residues - DIY cleaning products can leave soapy residue and harsh chemicals in your carpet which can affect your health and cause allergies. This residue can draw more dirt and other unhealthy elements. Your children and pets may come into contact with the chemicals in fibers when they sit or roll on the carpet. Professional carpet cleaners extract and deep clean carpets leaving no residue behind.
- Lesser Chances of Water Loss and Mildew - DIY and rental carpet cleaners force heated water into the fibers and then extract it. Even with a machine that has powerful suction, your carpet may remain damp. Professional cleaners work differently leaving your carpet clean, dry and ready to be used.
- Hassle-free cleaning - Buying a carpet cleaner machinery is costly. You are also liable for the maintenance of the machine and purchase of chemicals as and when required which might be a hassle. You can forget these worries if you outsource the work to a professional cleaning company and the job will be done in no time.
- Deodorisation - DIY methods might leave certain unpleasant odors that are very difficult to remove. Maximum odors are eradicated by professional cleaners and can specialist guarantee a fresh, clean carpet before they leave your home.
Simple Tips to Keep Carpet Cleaning Problems at Bay
- Smudge stains, don’t just brush them - Always clean the stains with a cleaning solution and dab with a white cloth, rubbing them would lead to spreading of the particles all over and thereby causing a problem for cleaning.
- Shaving cream is your savior - If you find some difficult stains, you can apply shaving cream on that particular area and after some time blot with the white cloth. Finish the process by cleaning this with, one part of vinegar and one part of water eventually rubbing off with a clean cloth.
- Hydrogen peroxide, a rescue path from the problems - Stains of blood from cuts and wounds can sometimes be a difficult issue to deal with. Water and hydrogen peroxide to these kinds of stains can be a real savior. Adding of hydrogen peroxide would form a foam, and you can then clean that by rubbing a clean cloth over the stain.
- Baking soda is always an added advantage - Adding baking soda to your vacuum bag can help you to fight with those strange and filthy odors.
Try these simple steps for daily and known stains. It will always be recommended that you go for professional deep clean at least once a year to avoid the spread of germs and bacteria. Dri-Masters have experienced professionals for delivering best service, for carpet cleaning in and around Lancaster. Just give us a call at 800-897-4032, or schedule an appointment today and feel the difference.