You always have this in your mind that you clean your dryer after every load of clothes, but what is that factor that is affecting the efficiency of your dryer?
Welcoming to all those facing problems with their dryer vents and dryers, Dri-Masters in Annapolis are presenting a small DIY cleaning method procedure.
It's straightforward and easy, helping you to maintain the health of your family and dear ones. Want to know how?
Let's get started with the process:
- Switch off the power supply: When considering the power supply it is important to note that you need to take this car in case of both electrical plug and the gas line for gas working dryers.
- Shift the dryer away from the wall: Move the dryer away from the wall as safely as the dryer vent would allow; this would be two feet helping you to give right access to clean.
- Now disconnect dryer vent: Inspect the transition duct for any cracks. If it is made from plastic, then change it to flexible foil or any other UL-approved duct. When using a plastic pipe, it will become fragile over time and break without giving you the first notice.
- It is important to know that the length of the duct should be as short as possible and not crimped to allow free flow of air.
- The dryer vent should be held fast with the clamp. You can use the screwdriver, loosen the clamp, and detach the dryer vent from the dryer.
- Remove the accumulated lint: You will have to remove the fiber present in the vent and also, from the behind of your dryer vent; this can be easily by reaching in and pulling out the lint outside. Do you want to clean it thoroughly then use a vacuum hose? Although it is expected that all the remaining of clothing gets accumulated at the end of the vent, reach as far as possible as you can. Fiber accumulation can sometimes be present in the dryer itself.
- A professional will remove the back panel to clean the interior of the dryer. When your back panel is open, you can inspect the blower, as coins and jewelry might find a place to reside.
- Now replace the vent: Replace the dryer vent with all the diligence placing the dryer back to its position.
- Clean the vent exhaust: Finally, remove the cover of your exhaust outside your house. This would eliminate the screws and scrape way the caulk lining.
- Slide the dryer vent for you to reach as far as possible to clean. Now, remove the lint and put back the vacuum hose.
- Replace the vent and the cover: This should be done with utmost care.
- The dryer vent should have a cover that you protect from the entrance of birds and bees and nesting.
- The addition of new caulking is not a necessary factor but will help you to maintain or improve your energy efficiency at home removing all other possible leaks.
- Cross check your work: Plug the dryer back to its position and then turn on the power supply once again. Run your dryer for some time. If you find operation carried correctly, then you work is done but if not then it might lead to dryer spewing the lint and can create allergen problems or even worse.
The above process was a DIY method, need any professional assistance for dryer vent cleaning in Annapolis, MD call us immediately.